On September 4 at 12:02 p.m. Eastern, the Moon becomes full in the dreamy, intuitive, and egoless sign of Pisces. Full moons signify the completion, culmination of what was initiated during the previous New Moon in Leo, which encouraged us to bravely forge ahead in pursuit of our individual goals.
This Full Moon in Pisces touches upon our spiritual selves, our psychological make-up, the realm of our subconscious, and our collective interconnectedness while supporting Leo's emboldened individualistic ideals and seeking harmony with the Virgo-Sun's need for order through logic and reason.
Pisces governs our subconscious and all that is hidden. There is a thin line between enlightenment and delusion, insight and confusion. Its polarity is Virgo who is practical, organized, accommodating, and service-oriented. Pay attention to dreams and deepest desires (Pisces). Let the passion and determination to attain these goals grow strong enough (Leo) to result in the development of well-planned actions/decided steps (Virgo).
This Pisces-Full Moon is inconjunct with Venus (relationships/values) and makes no other connection with other celestial bodies. Elsewhere in the sky, Saturn (reality/restrictions) is inconjunct with Chiron (wounds/healing) and Neptune (intuition/inspiration; ruler of Pisces). Adjustment is required (inconjunct) if we are to be inspired (Pisces/Neptune). Embrace our reality (Saturn) and/or relationships (Venus) as they are, in spite of their imperfection (Chiron). "See" (Pisces-Moon) beyond the tangible (Virgo-Sun).
The Full Moon will occur at 12 degrees and 15 minutes in Pisces. Those born within 3 days of March 3, June 3, September 4, and December 4 may feel this Full Moon stronger than most.
For me, this full moon is perfectly inconjunct my natal Venus, while the Virgo-Sun is inconjunct with my natal Chiron -- which somewhat mirrors the current planetary alignments and energy on this day. As a Virgo-Rising this Pisces-Full Moon falls on my natal 6th house (work) and as a Cancer-Sun, on my solar 9th house (personal growth).
How will this full moon influence your birth chart? Look to the natal house/s ruled by Pisces. Match the sign and degree with the house cusps on your birth chart. Use the list of zodiac signs below to identify the sign Pisces on your birth chart then click here for a brief explanation on the Full Moon transit in that house.
If you don't have your birth chart, you may use your Sun sign and/or your Rising/Ascendant sign, if you know it. Look for your Sun and Rising Signs below then click here for a brief explanation of the Full Moon transit in those houses.
- Aries-Sun or Aries-Rising ~ 2nd House
- Taurus-Sun or Taurus-Rising ~ 3rd House
- Gemini-Sun or Gemini-Rising ~ 4th House
- Cancer-Sun or Cancer-Rising ~ 5th House
- Leo-Sun or Leo-Rising ~ 6th House
- Virgo-Sun or Virgo-Rising ~ 7th House
- Libra-Sun or Libra-Rising ~ 8th House
- Scorpio-Sun or Scorpio-Rising ~ 9th House
- Sagittarius-Sun or Sagittarius-Rising ~ 10th House
- Capricorn-Sun or Capricorn-Rising ~ 11th House
- Aquarius-Sun or Aquarius-Rising ~ 12th House
- Pisces-Sun or Pisces-Rising ~ 1st House
- The Full Moon in Natal Houses
- Venus in Leo ~ August 26 to September 20, 2009
- Neptune Retrograde in Aquarius ~ May 29 to November 4, 2009
- Chiron Retrograde in Aquarius ~ May 30 to October 31, 2009
- Saturn in Virgo ~ September 2007 to October 2009
Illustration courtesy of Steel-Eyes.